The Vessel of Stars

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: The Vessel of Stars

Post  Daimos on Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:54 pm

Nodding to the strange looking... Scarecrow? Xifos had seen plenty of strange things in his time but this was honestly the first sentient scarecrow he'd ever encountered. Regardless, he nodded and payed close attention to the things roaming through his mind sensing that it was of some grave importance. "Aye, yeh got mah attention laddie... do what ya need ta do." He spoke in his mind. While it was his first encounter with a sentient scarecrow, it wasn't his first encounter with a psychic.

Promothos was slightly confused as to the voices and the images in her head as she stared up as if deeply lost in thought while she watched and listened. "Sure..." She murmured aloud, staring up as if lost in thought which she sort of was, barelt comprehending what was going on, only really understanding that it held some deep importance at best.
avatar
Daimos

Posts : 86
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 27
Location : Biloxi, Mississippi.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vessel of Stars

Post  Kuma on Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:37 pm

"Good enough."
John rises and pulls Hakim down next to the fire and whispers,
"They're human, or close enough. Not gonna be lucid much longer, figure out why they're here."
Hakim, shocked by the display of near sanity, is speechless for a few moments, forgetting even the large bird on his mace. remembering himself, he looks to the two companions.
"Well, since I can only assume that what he said is correct, why don't you two sit down and warm yourselves, tell me, what are two people like yourselves doing, traveling alone after dark?"
avatar
Kuma

Posts : 149
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 26
Location : Alpena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vessel of Stars

Post  Daimos on Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:54 am

Xifos bears a slightly toothy grin as he plops down aside the fire and motions for the monk to come with her. "Ol Poltimm called in a favor and I happened to be in the neighborhood. Right ol' sod, aint he?"
He says with a chuckle, taking out his waterskin and taking a few swigs before putting it away and whistling to his owl, nodding his head up and sending it to look for anything that could be rather hostile. Putting his attention back to the man with the mace he suddenly seems as though he's struck with some kind of inspiration and slaps his forehead, then offers his hand to him. "Where are mah manners. Names Xifos, pleasure to meetcha."
Nodding beside him to the rather quiet monk and elbowing her to pay attention, he then speaks again. "And this be Promothos, but just call 'er Promo."
[Trick: Seek, Flying about the Canopy in a circle around the camp. 14[8+6] to spot, 16 if considered shadowy illumination.]

Having kept to herself mostly, Promo absentmindedly stares into the fire, thinking back and remembering something obscure that she learned at a temple to Pelor once about fire and life. None of that stuff made a whole lot of sense to her but she knew it was important. Turning at the nudge she smiles happily and offers her hand and the mage peeling her eyes away from the fire long enough to make eye contact and speak. "Hi... Yeah just call me Promo. You get tired of hearing the whole thing day after day, hehe..."
After that last soft, almost distant giggle she went back to staring at the fire, enthralled by it's flickers and the way it moved.
avatar
Daimos

Posts : 86
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 27
Location : Biloxi, Mississippi.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vessel of Stars

Post  DentedDementia on Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:46 pm

It was at that point the fire spoke up. "I'm Kaen. Nice to meet you," he said, offering a hand to shake.
avatar
DentedDementia
Admin

Posts : 175
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 28
Location : Alpena

View user profile http://limitedwish.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vessel of Stars

Post  Daimos on Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:05 am

Letting out a loud "EEK!" And falling backwards, Promo was certainly caught off guard by the talking fire considering what she'd just been thinking about. Quickly she sat up and stared at him intently. Her teachings had mentioned something to the effect that all fire was in itself, a form of life energy. She guessed this is what they literally meant. "Hello... I'm Promo." She murmurs quietly, barely above a whisper in a tone somewhat distant. Slowly a grin spread across her face as she deduced (rather falsely) that he was probably some sort of spawn of the mighty sun god himself. "The pleasure's all mine, son of the eternal sun." Ignoring the fact that he was, infact, made of fire, she reached out and was about to take his hand, immediately getting over her sudden shock and caught in a bit of amazement that there seemed to truly be some sort of Living Flame. Immediately upon contact she feels the peculiar stinging sensation of being burned but shaking his hand seems like something nice to do so she just keeps a firm grip and smiles pleasantly, noting a smell reminiscent to bacon.

"Are ye daft, child?" Xifos reaches over and slaps her hand away from the elemental before she manages to get herself burned further, sighing. "Ye'll get yerself burned worse if you keep touchin the likes of him without somethin on yer hand." Sighing and reaching up he rubbed the bridge of his nose in slight agitation. "Pleasure to meetcha Kaen. Careful with her... not the sharpest arrow of the bundle this one..."
avatar
Daimos

Posts : 86
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 27
Location : Biloxi, Mississippi.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vessel of Stars

Post  DentedDementia on Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:31 pm

"Oh, uh, sorry. I still forget things aren't meant to burn over here."
avatar
DentedDementia
Admin

Posts : 175
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 28
Location : Alpena

View user profile http://limitedwish.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vessel of Stars

Post  Xenophilia on Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:07 pm

[MY TURN CUZ I"M BORED]

Satura came out of the tent for a moment smiling triumphantly. Behind her was a roar of rage and Hjalavar came out. His fur was twisted into many small pony tails held in place by bright pink ribbons. "I made him pretty"
avatar
Xenophilia

Posts : 180
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 26
Location : computer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vessel of Stars

Post  Kuma on Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:16 pm

[leaving out the obvious "Bwahhahahahahahahahahah...haaa... hoo"]

John pulls out his violin at the sight of the bestial Hjalavar "prettified" he plays a few bars of a certain melody before stopping and telling Satura "You done good. we can finally take him places."
avatar
Kuma

Posts : 149
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 26
Location : Alpena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vessel of Stars

Post  Daimos on Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:20 am

Xifos was quite alarmed at both the sudden emergence of a small child but more so at the roar and the being that came out behind her. His initial instincts were to reach for his bow but upon seeing everyone's recognition of him as somewhat friendly he relaxed and let out a light chuckle. "Huh... now in all my years this is something I've never been lucky enough to whitness, hehe."

Promo's eyes were wide at the sight of the creature coming out from behind the small girl and was about to spring into action but upon seeing Xifos relax she simmers down as well, although she's still not to keen as to what they were doing trusting something so...beast like. The world held many strange things, that's for certain.
avatar
Daimos

Posts : 86
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 27
Location : Biloxi, Mississippi.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vessel of Stars

Post  DentedDementia on Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:50 pm

"I swear to god," Hjalavar muttered, between trying to not scream out in rage, "someone will suffer for this. And if I can't harm the girl, I WILL find another victim for my fury."
avatar
DentedDementia
Admin

Posts : 175
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 28
Location : Alpena

View user profile http://limitedwish.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vessel of Stars

Post  Xenophilia on Sun May 01, 2011 8:18 pm

Ok so the morning comes without any other sort of excitement. As Kaen awakes he finds the charred remains of baby blue ribbons and a rather put out Satura. [Roll initiatives and lets get moving down the road.]
avatar
Xenophilia

Posts : 180
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 26
Location : computer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vessel of Stars

Post  Xenophilia on Sun May 01, 2011 9:34 pm

[Ok, First is Steve then Tj, then Eric, then Tj. Tj if you just want to post them both at once it's fine.]
avatar
Xenophilia

Posts : 180
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 26
Location : computer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vessel of Stars

Post  DentedDementia on Wed May 04, 2011 8:19 pm

Hjalavar stomped around the campsite, still fuming. Kaen said, "Hjalavar, what happened to your bows?" Hjalavar just glared at him, the fury so evident even Kaen knew to shut up.

"When are we getting out of here?" Hjalavar essentially asked, his question being edited of various expletives.
avatar
DentedDementia
Admin

Posts : 175
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 28
Location : Alpena

View user profile http://limitedwish.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vessel of Stars

Post  Daimos on Thu May 05, 2011 3:53 am

Xifos grumbled slightly as he stirred in his bedrool, muttering vague obscenity at some invisible hobgoblins before jerking awake and looking around, sitting bolt upright. Rubbing his eyes he grumbles some more about being awoken and begins to don his armor, bow close to his side.

Meanwhile Promo gracefully leaps from her tree she was sleeping in, holding his owl and petting it lightly. Morning, mister Xi." (Pronounced Zee)
avatar
Daimos

Posts : 86
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 27
Location : Biloxi, Mississippi.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vessel of Stars

Post  Kuma on Fri May 06, 2011 8:59 pm

John awakes to the sound of music, he then puts away his violin.
Hakim builds a small fire to brew coffee on, before realizing that he had no coffee. He grumbles angrily at the small fire, as if it was the fires fault and not his own.
avatar
Kuma

Posts : 149
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 26
Location : Alpena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vessel of Stars

Post  Xenophilia on Wed May 11, 2011 11:29 pm

You are now on the road in the forest travelling along. Apparently untouched by the folk of Horvath, the ancient, green forest rises high above, blocking out much of the sunlight. Off the trail, the ground is uneven and treacherous. All manner of brush obscure the forest floor and towering, six-foot tall ground ferns make seeing more than a few feet impossible. You hear the occasional, natural sounds of small birds and other creatures of the forest. Horvath lies roughly five-miles behind, completely obscured by foliage and several bends in the road. Directly ahead, a huge and ancient tree trunk has fallen across the narrow path, completely blocking it. [Roll initiatives now.]
avatar
Xenophilia

Posts : 180
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 26
Location : computer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vessel of Stars

Post  DentedDementia on Fri May 27, 2011 11:31 pm

"Huh," Kaen says, "that's a big tree." "Stop admiring the scenery and just walk around it."
avatar
DentedDementia
Admin

Posts : 175
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 28
Location : Alpena

View user profile http://limitedwish.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vessel of Stars

Post  Xenophilia on Sat May 28, 2011 12:33 am

[Balance check, with a -2 due to terrain.]
avatar
Xenophilia

Posts : 180
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 26
Location : computer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vessel of Stars

Post  Daimos on Sat May 28, 2011 1:59 am

Whistling softly to his owl, Swiftwing takes flight and begins to seek for anything up ahead. Suspicious about the reasoning for such a strong and ancient tree to have fallen, Xifos instead examines the tree for whether it was a natural occurrence or if there was some tampering involved. [Pass, 18 on handle animal for free action. 25=7+18 for Knowledge: Nature upon the tree]

Whistling happily to herself Promo easily hops up, onto, and over the tree, following the tiny flame creature closely with an intrigued look on her face. [20=12+8 for Balance]
avatar
Daimos

Posts : 86
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 27
Location : Biloxi, Mississippi.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vessel of Stars

Post  Kuma on Mon May 30, 2011 3:35 pm

John uses his knowledge [physics] to realize that there was no way a tree this large could fall without assistance[take 10 for 19] "Satura, stay close. there's probably something that caused this."
Hakim readies himself upon hearing this, John may be crazy, but he has not shown himself to be stupid.
[John balance12+2-2=10, Hakim balance 17+0-2=15]
avatar
Kuma

Posts : 149
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 26
Location : Alpena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vessel of Stars

Post  Xenophilia on Mon May 30, 2011 4:27 pm

[John fuck your physics....lol. Also balance is only for those going around or over..]

John and Xifos both notice that the base of the tree has been crudely cut. As Promo jumps over the tree she is hit with an arrow for 2 damage. Instantaneously 3 outsiders come out from behind the tree. They are armed and ready. 1 goes for Hjalavar and swings with his greataxe. [Totally misses...XD] The second shoots another arrow at Promo. [Hits: 5 more damage] The third makes a beeline for Satura and swings his great axe towards her. [nat 20: fails. 3 damage.]

Satura recoils. [No way am I having her attack]
avatar
Xenophilia

Posts : 180
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 26
Location : computer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vessel of Stars

Post  DentedDementia on Mon May 30, 2011 8:47 pm

Hjalavar looks at the outsider in front of him and grins, accepting the challenge. Wielding his own waraxe, he lets loose with a mighty swing {15+8 = 23 to hit, 13 slashing damage}. Meanwhile, Kaen quickly appraises the situation and makes a beeline to Satura, protecting the girl and slamming into her foe {12+9 = 21 to hit, 8 bludgeoning and 2 fire damage, and DC 16 Reflex or they catch on fire}.


Last edited by DentedDementia on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:37 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
DentedDementia
Admin

Posts : 175
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 28
Location : Alpena

View user profile http://limitedwish.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vessel of Stars

Post  Daimos on Mon May 30, 2011 9:13 pm

Startled by the attack, Promo drops down off the tree. Her training kicks in she makes a b-line for the nearest opponent and immediately unleashes a furious kick. [(17+7) 24 to hit, (5+5) 10 physical damage. Also which ever enemy she went to attack has become the target of Dodge and Mobility]

Xifos hears the commotion and turns and faces his closest opponent, immediately drawing his bow with an Ironshod Arrow (+1 damage die category). Taking aim he lets out a loud whistle and shortly after he looses his arrow towards his enemy, Swiftwing swoops down bearing it's talons to strike. [20 (11+9) to hit, (9+3) 12 Physical damage. Swiftwing with 15 to hit and 1 damage.]
avatar
Daimos

Posts : 86
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 27
Location : Biloxi, Mississippi.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vessel of Stars

Post  Kuma on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:04 pm

Seeing the outsider connect with Satura, John goes completely still, his mental might focused on that outsider, he unleashes his concentrated fury in a furious mental assault. a sound not unlike thunder in the distance is heard by those near him. [mindthrust: 9+9+9+3+2=32 damage, Will DC:17 to avoid]
Hakim mutters a chant, and mist springs up around him, obscuring those within twenty feet of him. [casts obscuring mists]
avatar
Kuma

Posts : 149
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 26
Location : Alpena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vessel of Stars

Post  Xenophilia on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:23 pm

The one of Promo falls to the ground dead. The one on John merely blinks at him, [Sorry Eric: 17+5 Will =22] then realizes that he is on fire.He dances in circles like a ninny. The one on Hjalavar decides to show off his ax and swings at him. [18 + 6 =24. hit. Hjalavar takes a whopping 2 dmg.]
avatar
Xenophilia

Posts : 180
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 26
Location : computer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Vessel of Stars

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum