Heritage Quest

Go down

Heritage Quest

Post  Kuma on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:39 pm

So i felt like doing a /tg/ style quest, but don't feel like dealing with /tg/, solution: do it here
for those that don't know, a quest thread is like RPing with one player character controlled by everyone.
You choose actions, I write what happens.
anyway, on to the quest.
__________________________________

You have no idea why you did it or how you're going to deal with the consequences of your actions, but first a recap.
Your adventuring party was hired to stop the lizard men raids on a nearby village, thorough investigation into the cause finds that they were lead by a family of lamia. After locating their headquarters, you struck down the reptilian menaces and began dividing the loot as normal.
however, while searching for any hidden treasure you found a small bundle wrapped in silken cloth.

without thinking, you hid it in your pack and upon arriving at the village, quickly made your excuses, took your share and left.
So now you are a proud parent, it is up to you to raise the child of your enemy, but who are you exactly?

First Response decides:
Name:
Sex:
Race:
Class:
avatar
Kuma

Posts : 149
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 26
Location : Alpena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Heritage Quest

Post  Xenophilia on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:32 pm

FIRST!
no firggin clue what any of that means man
avatar
Xenophilia

Posts : 180
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 26
Location : computer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Heritage Quest

Post  DentedDementia on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:35 pm

Female Elf Warrior, can't think of a good name. Someone else can take that.
avatar
DentedDementia
Admin

Posts : 175
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 28
Location : Alpena

View user profile http://limitedwish.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Heritage Quest

Post  Xenophilia on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:39 pm

Cynyx Punakaslilla
avatar
Xenophilia

Posts : 180
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 26
Location : computer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Heritage Quest

Post  Kuma on Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:17 am

[too... many... letters...]
You are Cynix Punkzilla, proud elven maid, deadly with a blade.
you are of average build for an elf, standing about 5'8" and weighing in at 137 lbs
you live in a medium quality house at the edge of Red-water, a small frontier town loyal to the Cenarian Empire.
in your personal inventory you have: A longsword of above average quality, given to you by your parents when you left home: A suit of chain mail (equipped): a light steel shield: your travel pack, which holds your miscellaneous gear: enough food and water for one week, and your wits.
In hand you hold an infant lamia swaddled in purple silk cloth, currently nameless. You should probably fix that soon
You currently stand outside The Retired Sword, the only decent tavern in town. Your adventuring companions are within, celebrating the success of your latest venture.

It is late, darkness has fallen on red-water.

What do you do?
avatar
Kuma

Posts : 149
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 26
Location : Alpena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Heritage Quest

Post  Xenophilia on Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:43 pm

[Wtf is a lamia? Also hopefully no grues....]

Walk into the tavern. Perhaps the party will help name your child.
avatar
Xenophilia

Posts : 180
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 26
Location : computer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Heritage Quest

Post  DentedDementia on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:57 pm

A lamia is a half-human, half-snake, which may or may not always be female, I'm not sure.
avatar
DentedDementia
Admin

Posts : 175
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 28
Location : Alpena

View user profile http://limitedwish.bigforumpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Heritage Quest

Post  Kuma on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:46 pm


(i'm using a 2d6 system, where low rolls are better)
[Knowledge roll: 5]
You know that Lamia are monstrous creatures which are half snake, half human hybrids, the species has a large sexual dimophisim, the males looking much more bestial than the females (think yuan-ti abomination).
Because of their regal appearance when fully grown, Lamia
Lamia are considered dangerous to humanity, and several cautionary tales feature them as antagonists.
Lamia females are not venomous, but males have a deadly bite.

[intuition roll: 3]
You realize that taking the child into the tavern may not be the best idea, seeing as A) you were hired to exterminate her family, her included, and B) it is a busy night, with several townspeople celebrating the end of the scaled threat. it may be better, if you wish to tell the others, to wait until later or call one of them out.

Your adventuring companions

Amnon: Dwarven Berserker
Hourig: Human Sorceress
Prip: Halfling Thief
Ezekiel: Half Elven Bard


avatar
Kuma

Posts : 149
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 26
Location : Alpena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Heritage Quest

Post  Xenophilia on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:57 pm

Call out Ezekiel seeing as a bard he is well knowledged in the lores of the world and may be the most sympathetic.
avatar
Xenophilia

Posts : 180
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 26
Location : computer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Heritage Quest

Post  Kuma on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:28 pm

You lean into the tavern, easily locating Zeke. The center of a knot people, it is obvious that he's been regaling them with tales of "his" heroics. calling him over, you motion for him to lose his entourage before he gets halfway across the room.
"I apologize,Ladies... and gentlemen too of course, but yon fair maiden awaits me, and it would be most unfair to deny her the... pleasure.... of my company. What can I say, she just can't seem to get enough of me."
avatar
Kuma

Posts : 149
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 26
Location : Alpena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Heritage Quest

Post  Xenophilia on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:58 pm

Give Ezekiel a STFU look. Once he is outside calmly explain the predicament while carefully keeping the baby concealed.
avatar
Xenophilia

Posts : 180
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 26
Location : computer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Heritage Quest

Post  Kuma on Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:18 am

You Fire! a death glare at the bard. [you use a ranged attack by Fire!'ing your weapon]
He Deflects! your wrath with with a wide grin that seems to ask if you have a problem with his actions.
"So what's up Cynix?"
you quickly explain that for one reason or another, you decided to save the child of the lamia family that you both helped kill.
"So what your saying is... you're a complete moron? I mean seriously, what the hell were you thinking Cynix? You're usually so down to earth."
"Anyway, what did you want me for again?"
avatar
Kuma

Posts : 149
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 26
Location : Alpena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Heritage Quest

Post  Xenophilia on Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:21 am

Explain need for help with naming and explaining to the rest of the party, while keeping her safe from the citizens.
avatar
Xenophilia

Posts : 180
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 26
Location : computer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Heritage Quest

Post  Kuma on Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:35 am

"Help naming it? if i helped name it i'd have some responsibility to... it. Not happening, pick one yourself. And sure, Ill help you explain to the rest of 'em I'd suggest calling a meeting after we talk to the mayor and get our second reward. "
You kindly explain that your daughter is not an it, she is a she. And by kindly explain, you mean that you didn't pin his foot to the ground.
"Owowowowow okay I get it, She. Still, I have my reputation to uphold, so I'm not taking responsibility for any part of this, if you'll excuse me, i have... buisiness.... to attend to. "
avatar
Kuma

Posts : 149
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 26
Location : Alpena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Heritage Quest

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum